CHARLTON BROWN® is an Approved In Home Care (IHC) Provider of the government funded service in QLD, NSW and VIC.
IHC supports eligible families who require child care services where the children are cared for in the family’s own home. Families, guardians and children must meet strict eligibility criteria to access this program, enabling families to access Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) towards the cost of their Nanny or Educator.
Who can use In Home Care?
Unlike other care types, IHC is only available to children who meet certain eligibility criteria. It is the legal responsibility of all CCB approved IHC services to ensure that IHC is only provided to a child to whom:
• only an IHC service can provide suitable care (when no other forms of Child Care is available, or meets the family’s needs);
• one or more of the following circumstances applies:
– the child has, or lives with another child who has, an illness or disability
– the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) has an illness or disability that affects their ability to care for the child
– the child lives in a rural or remote area
– the work hours of the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) are hours when no other CCB approved child care service is available
– the child’s guardian (or guardian’s partner) is caring for three or more children who have not yet started school; or
– any other circumstances determined by DEEWR in relation to the child.
Please note that the Department of Education will also consider applications for in-home care froms families with unusual circumstances not covered by the list above.
In-home care providers aim to give children a similar experience to what they would receive in other forms of care. This means your child will have the opportunity to participate in supervised activities they might not be able to do ordinarily such as arts and crafts, games and outdoor play.